Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jingle Belles Card Challenge #2

This is my card:
"So this week's Jingle Belles Prompt comes from the song ... Have Yourself a Merry LITTLE Christmas ... which to us inspires making cards that feature Inchies and Twinchies (2" squares) in the design (or perhaps a twinchie-sized gift tag). "
I punched these reindeer from a sheet of Christmas paper put out by LIttle Yellow Bicycle with a 1" punch. Oh and my bestest friend Jeanne inspired me to make a card that will fit in a standard size envie! I liked working in this size. I believe I cut it 7"x 6 1/4". I also heat embossed the stamped greeting on this baby! I need to get some brown embossing powder, STAT! If you haven't already started playing along with the Jingle Belles, I encourage you to do so. The idea is to create 1 Christmas card a week and be ready to mail them come December. I need all the help I can get, maybe you do too? It's really fun too, in case you missed the other links, check it out here :)
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

  1. Adobable! Love your little reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I already told you but this card is awesome!! You are just too creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I have some snowman paper I've been eyeing to punch into inchies...may have to follow through on that, seeing how cute your card is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite card sizes too ... and love being able to pay standard postage to mail it ... how cute are those tiny little reindeer inches ... just fabulous! ... thanks for joining our Jingle Belle fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooh! dawn, i ♥LOVE♥ those reindeer... especially that three are facing right and the other two left...and the one in the center has a green saddle! plus you've embellished this PERFECTLY with that twine and those cool brads! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those reindeer are adorable. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card. I always forget to think about a bigger envelope. I'm so used to working with A2s for OperationWriteHome.org.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, love the reindeer. How clever to use wrapping paper!

    Brown EP: I have some that smells like CHOCOLATE when it's heated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those reindeer are so cute. What a wonderful way to highlight them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ACK!!!! Those reindeer are too stinkin' cute!! And the one in the middle? Does he (or she?) have a teeny little bird on his (or her) back?! ACK!!! SOOOOO CUTE!!!

    And...I ♥loooove♥ twine. I highly recommend using twine everywhere!! All of yourself if you can. (I kid, I kid!)

    Awesomely sweet card, Dawn!! Two thumbs up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. excellent paper punching...absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card! Love those little reindeer, perfect for inchies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those reindeer. Perfect use of the inchies. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete